Please see below for job descriptions of open positions.
- Assists Secretary as needed
Chair, Chapter Investment & Community Impact
- Develops ideas for volunteer events that provide the opportunity for members to give back to the community.
- Works with Director to determine the community impact event which will be recommended to the board.
- Coordinates the community impact event including working with the Communications committee to promote event to the membership.
- Maintains project plan and ensure all elements are in process/completed on time and budget for the community impact event.
- Support Director as needed.
Director, Leadership Programming
- Description Coming Soon!
Director, General Programming
- Manages the overall planning and execution of general Chapter programming at annual events.
- Ensures post program reports, event pictures and other relevant information is sent to WICT National for review.
- Oversees the general Chapter programs calendar for the year ensuring programs are properly aligned with the Model Chapter Business Plan and oriented to the programming needs of the chapter, members and of the industry.
- Possess a clear understanding of budgeting, staffing and follow-up.
- Sets guidelines and processes for Chapter programs and monitors progress.
- Holds regularly scheduled meetings with all program directors (if any).
- Creates and submits an annual program budget.
- Negotiates discounted rates from hotels on behalf of the chapter.
- Creates and monitors a formal feedback process for programs. Collects feedback (i.e. surveys) from participants and uses data to improve processes, streamline efficiencies and gauge program success.
- Ensures marketing and communication of programs are completed on a timely basis.
- Works with the Chapter President, Vice President and/or Executive board to set program strategy for the year.
- Attends the annual WICT National Programming webinar.
- Responsible for creating and leading an active committee involved in planning and executing Chapter programs.
- Works closely with the Chapter Treasurer and the Executive Board to assure that financial objectives with respect to particular programs are met.
- Communicates with other board members to ensure professional and timely delivery of program and event plans.
- Responsible for ensuring each program is fiscally responsible prior to incurring expenses and approvals for all programs are obtained from the Executive Board before moving forward with an event.
- Prepares event summary recap after each event and assist with all program surveys in an appropriate timeframe.
- Provide updates at board meetings.
Chair, General Programming
- Description Coming Soon!
Chair, Nebraska General Programming
- Support events, participation, and membership in the state of Nebraska
- This position requires someone who works/lives in Nebraska
- Works closely with Membership Director and General Programming Director
- Provide updates at board meetings
Director, Tech It Out
Assume primary responsibility for leading WICT RM Tech It Out:
- Construct/manage budget
- Event planning & logistics
- Content strategy (keynotes & panels)
- Marketing strategy
- Social Media strategy
- Sponsorships (to targets companies)
- Vendor demos
- Community outreach and participation strategy (education, media, and industry)
- Educational scholarships
- Manage Event Planner (if approved)
- Maintain timeline and project plan and ensure all elements are in process/completed on time and on budget.
- Maintain goals for attendance, sponsorship and student participation.
- Attract and recruit committed WICT members to the TIO Committee – provide clear leadership, mentorship, and direction to all committees.
- Coordinate and foster outstanding community presence across the industry, media related fields and educational institutions.
- Provide updates at applicable board meetings.
- Manages the Chapter sponsorship efforts which provide the primary source of funding for all Chapter activities.
- Responsible for creating, keeping and updating target/actual sponsor lists/database with contacts and annual sponsorship amounts.
- Adheres to consistent brand messaging and guidelines as outlined by WICT National and the Model Chapter Business Plan.
- Responsible for obtaining sponsorships and coordinating benefits with other members of the Chapter board.
- Responsible for ensuring best-in-class sponsor relations including overseeing all sponsor communications.
- Develop new and innovative sponsorship opportunities to ensure the financial success of events and the Chapter.
- Cultivate and pursue sponsorship leads
- Ensure timely collection of pledged sponsorship monies
- Works closely with the Chapter Treasurer to ensure proper invoicing and payment procedures are met.