comment : 0
We are looking for 2017 Board Members
Director, Tech It Out
- Assume primary responsibility for leading WICT RM Tech It Out:
- Construct/manage budget.
- Event planning & logistics.
- Content strategy (keynotes & panels).
- Marketing strategy.
- Social Media strategy.
- Sponsorships (to targets companies).
- Vendor demos.
- Community outreach and participation strategy (education, media, and industry).
- Educational scholarships.
- Manage Event Planner.
- Maintain timeline and project plan and ensure all elements are in process/completed on time and on budget.
- Maintain goals for attendance, sponsorship and student participation.
- Attract and recruit committed WICT members to the TIO Committee – provide clear leadership, mentorship, and direction to all committees.
- Coordinate and foster outstanding community presence across the industry, media related fields and educational institutions.
- Provide updates at applicable board meetings.
- Assume and accept the responsibilities as designated by the chapter President in his/her absence.
- Attend all chapter board meetings and chapter events.
- As a member of the Executive board, participate in chapter spending decisions.
- Participate in Executive board meeting and/or conference calls, as necessary.
- Assist and/or oversee governance with the Strategic planning process.
- Provide continuity for the Succession planning process and formulates plans for his/her term by organizing the Succession planning committee.
- Develop action plan to further identify and add clarity to all roles and responsibilities prior to annual transition. Ensure appropriate follow up and effective transitioning of all chapter duties.
- Organize the financial review process by identifying three (3) volunteers to independently audit the previous year’s finances.
- Complete final review of all submissions to National, including the Model Chapter Business Plan.
- Serve as the designated “check-in” for Board members who are having problems, who need help with workload/priorities, and/or cannot attend a Board meeting.
- Provide updates at board meetings.